Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Pretty . Little . Bright . Rooms


630150423_D4y3Q-O-1 540702904_tWnYo-O 631487705_VG5Pu-O

It's hard to imagine ever being able to be unhappy in one of these rooms that are doused with gorgeous bright colors! Though it's also possible that you'd need sunglasses indoors! If you like the bright color, but not so much of it, pick one surface (a single wall, a paintable floor, or even the ceiling) and paint that -- it will create the same cheery effect, but won't be quite so overwhelming!

Another thing to keep in mind: it will never look the same way in your own house that it does on the paint chip; no matter where you get your paint from, it's soooo worth it to spend $3-$4 to get a sample first! (Trust me, we had an unfortunate experience with a gallon of what turned out to be Smurf blue on our office walls!!)

Pic: House of Turquoise

10 comments:

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

I absolutely love these brights! Although, I must say that I couldn't live in any of these rooms for an extended period of time. They are so playful, yet my neurotic tendencies would be magnified with this much color chaos. I do love my bright parrot green bedroom, and orange-red dining rooms I've had in other houses, but it's just the one bright color, so my mind can manage. <---Does this make me sound terribly dull (or possibly a bit nutty?)

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

P.S. I forgot about a bright turquoise office that I had in one house, which I absolutely loved. It absolutely energized me! We painted it that color to brighten it up because the room was only 9 x 9 and had but one small window.

Pretty Little World said...

^^ I don't think this makes you sound dull at all, and certainly not nutty!! I do think it makes me want to have you finish decorating my house though!!

Secondhand Stella said...

Ooooo, I love those colors. Right now my room is all white, but it would be cool to add some splashes of color.

brooke said...

oh my gosh!!! i love these rooms!!! i think i may just have to have some of these amazing colors in my next home!!! i absolutely love them!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I was so attracted to the colors in the first picture! They are so unexpected but work oh so well!

PAULNKC said...

i seriously want those turquoise curtains!!

*Evelyn* said...

I love these rooms...

Sierra said...

I think I definitely would be happier and more optimistic in these rooms, so pretty!

austin-sara.blogspot.com said...

I am just obsessed with this little house...i mean can anyone be unhappy if they know they are coming home to that?